Friday 25 July 2014

My weight loss story


imagine from google

As loosing weigh is such a huuuge part of my life I decided that I wanted to share with you guys my journey so far.

What made me lose weigh in the first place? 

Basically I was a big girl always had been but in 2011 I was weighing a staggering 16 stone 10lbs, dress size 22 top and 20 bottoms. It never bothered me though, I was with a guy who loved me for me. We used to cook food with a lot of oil, go out for dinner or order in a takeaway, as I only saw him at weekends as he was in the Navy. To me, it didn't feel like I 'pigged' out that often. After our relationship ended in May 2011 I was really down about everything especially since I thought it was my fault I decided to book a ticket to Download festival and have some fun! I met my current boyfriend Dan there who apparently thought I was attractive (at almost 17 stone that is something I will never understand!) so we had a lot of photo's together.




This photo was the one I saw after I came back, and I couldn't believe how big (okay, fat) I was. I was so down and depressed I knew I had to do something about it and stop feeling like I did.

So, what did I do about it?

 I started swimming. I downloaded myfitnesspal for my iPhone and started to calorie count. I lost half a stone in my first week, this inspired me to keep going. Within 6 months, I'd lost around 1 stone 10lbs which bought me down to 15st. I stopped over Christmas, and I ended up gaining weight like you do, ended up being 15st 5-6lbs. Within another year or so (I was yo-yoing a lot! I'd lost motovation), I'd lost another 7.5lb , bringing my weight down to 14st 11.5lbs. I felt very stuck, I'd lost the ability to lose weight by calorie counting and exercising. I guess I had been doing it for almost 2 years it was bound to happen sooner or later.

The photo on the left was taken May 2012 and the photo on the right was taken March 2013.
This was because of calorie counting and exercise.

So, 'Slimming world'?



After trying Weight Watchers (it worked so well for Dan's mum), I decided to look into 'Slimming World'. I had been thinking about joining for a while especially since I've heard and seen such amazing results. My mum wasn't keen as I already spend £34 on a gym membership which I use and love, but I felt like I needed to go and have a look around and see what it was all about. So, I told her I was going to the gym (I still do!) and I went to my nearest meeting. I was nervous and I automatically thought that I was going to be the biggest on there, but it was fine. My group is very lovely, they are supportive and they encourage me and I have had some amazing weight losses over the past 22 weeks. To date I have lost 2st 7lbs (4st 7lbs all together) I had enjoyed every moment of it. I've had my 'ups and downs' but its THE best decision I have ever made. I enjoy not calorie counting and eating good food and eating until I am full, it is fantastic! I truly recommend 'Slimming World'. I'm so close to my target weight which is 12st, but I am considering changing it. I'd like to get my 3 stone award, which would bring me to 11st 11.5lbs. I will see how I feel when I reach it. I have 4.5lbs to lose until I get that beautiful blue shiny sticker!


This isn't the best of photo of me and the fella, but this is our most recently one. Although I still have my double chin, you can see the differences in almost 3 years of dieting/changing my eating habits. I love this photo and I adore this man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment