Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Harry Potter tag

I am a massive Harry Potter fan. I am obsessed with the books and then the films when they came out. I've laughed, cried (lots!), smiled, jumped (I have them on audio book!), been scared and 'aw'ed' a lot. I have never fell in love with a series of books like I did with  'Harry Potter'. I did enjoy 'The Hunger Games' trilogy but its nothing like Harry Potter. Harry Potter was my child-hood, and the films took me into adult-hood. They are incredible. I still listen to them now, I still cry and laugh like I did when I was 11.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to know good"


1. What is your favourite book?

My favourite book is 'The Chamber of Secrets' because I think out of all of them, it scared me the most. I mean a massive snake who slithers around the pipes at night, that pretty much freaks me out, plus the massive spiders in the 'Dark Forrest'. I thought it was one of the best because it takes the 'He who must not be named' story to a new level. Its brilliant! But then again 'Half blood Prince' is a very close second.

2. What is your favourite film?

This was really hard because the films miss so much out when it comes to comparing them with the books. I think my favourite is Philosopher's stone (I think!). It just fantastic, a great start to the series. Plus it had Richard Harris in it and he's who I imagine Dumbledore would be like, not really like Michael Gambon. Don't get me wrong Michael Gambon makes a good Dumbledore but he's no Richard Harris.

3. What is your least favourite book?
I'd say Prisoner of Azkaban. I don't hate the book nor the film but it just isn't my favourite. It isn't 'gripping' enough and although I absolutely adore the character Remus Lupin, it wasn't enough for me.

4. What is your least favourite film?

My least favourite film was 'Half Blood Prince' because it wasn't anything like the book! It makes me angry that they missed out so much. Especially missed out lots important details like Snapes mother and father, it wasn't preparing anyone for the next film. I like the small details but it didn't make any sence, it felt hurried.

5. What parts of the books/films made you cry?
Oh, I remember when I was listening to the 'Half Blood Prince' on audio, and Dumbledore died, I absolutely fell apart. I ran into my mums room in tears and she couldn't understand why I was such a state. I also cried when Sirus Black died in 'Order of the Pheonix' in the film because I love, love, love Gary Oldman. He made a great Sirus Black

6. If you could hook up with any character who would it be?
Easy, Neville but only when he got older and more attractive. He seems an absolute babe! He seems lovely and funny, mmh.

7.  Who is your favourite character?
Its between Ginny (in the books! Shes fab), Luna Love-Good and Ron Weasley. All the characters in the books because to me books > films.

8. Who is your least favourite character?
Narcissa Malfoy - She's pointless to the storylines if I'm honest and she's didn't really need to be in the films. If they can't show her properly in the films why bother

 9. What is your least favourite line?
Not sure. Nothing is pointless when it comes to Harry Potter!

10. What would your patronus be?
An owl. That would be an awesome Patronus.

11. If you could have the resurrection stone, invisibility cloak or elder wand which would you chose?
Invisibility cloak. I don't want a powerful wand and the resurrection stone would make it really sad because it would show my loved ones but I couldn't be 'with' them. Cloak all the way

12. Which house would you be in?
Slytherin! I like a bad boy/girl ;)

13. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?
Gary Oldman. I got a real thing for him

14. If you were on the Quidditch team which position would you play?
I used to be pretty good at Netball so probably a chaser. I could throw the ball into the hoop pretty well. Although I loved hitting the ball in rounders so a beater might be fun

15. Were you happy with the ending?
Books yes. Films no. In the film they should have gone into it in a little bit more, showed all the children, and the storyline and last but not least they should of used slightly older actors and actresses. It was a weird film ending and I was a little dissapointed :( I loved the ending in the book 'All was well'.

16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
A lot. I'm dyslexic so reading isn't my strong point. Its hard to me in concentrate on a book whether I am reading or listening to it. Harry Potter was my generation and I'm still obsessed. I could sit here and write a million reasons why it means so much to me but, I wont. Its one of the things I truly adore and I grew up with it, and 13 years down the line, I'm still totally obsessed with it all. My family are more than aware how much it means to me to the point that I went to the 'Harry Potter studio tour' for my birthday last year and I'm planning a whole day in 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potte'r for when I go to Flordia in a couple years time. Its my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment